Lessons & Class Materials
- BSWCD coordinates the Linn Benton Salmon Watch field trips for schools in Benton County. All fifth grades in Benton County are invited to participated in this excellent field trip program.
- For more information on Salmon Watch, visit the website. Salmon Watch is an experiential field trip program that teaches youth about salmon and healthy watersheds. Traditional Salmon Watch learning topics are: Salmon Biology, Macroinvertebrates, Water Quality, and Riparian Areas.
- For information on the associated StreamWebs program, click here. StreamWebs provides students and teachers open-source, web-based tools for watershed data management, analysis, and networking.
Workshops for Natural Resource Educators
- BSWCD works with partners, including OSU Extension to offer education workshops each year. Check our Calendar Page for details as they become available.
- Teachers Guide to Soil Lessons (PDF, 368 KB)
- Influence of Soil Textures (PDF)
- Soil Texture Flow Chart (version 1)(PDF)
- Soil Texture Flow Chart website
Water Quality and Macroinvertebrates
- Teacher’s Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Stream Invertebrates Illustrations (PDF)
- Stream Invertebrates graph (PDF)
- Weed Bingo Cards (PDF)