Job Announcement: Administrative Specialist
The Administrative Specialist works with the BSWCD Staff and Board of Directors to ensure quality office organization and operation. This position is central to the day-to-day functioning and smooth operation of the district. Essential abilities include strong office administration skills; the ability to work independently as well as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with BSWCD staff, board, contractors, volunteers, partners and stakeholders; exceptional customer service skills; and the ability to professionally represent the District in the community. These duties are performed with integrity and transparency, following established district policies and procedures.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Administrative Assistant position will be open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit all application materials below in hardcopy or electronic form. Submit all application materials requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Faxes will not be accepted.
Application materials must include:
- Job application form (Click here or obtain a paper copy at our office.)
- Cover letter describing your qualifications for and interest in the position. Include a detailed narrative of your experience, how you personally connect with the BSWCD mission, and the techniques you would use to be successful in this job.
- Resume (with your current email address and phone number in the heading).
- At least one writing sample of your professional writing style, for instance, meeting notes/minutes, newsletter article, donor letter, or volunteer recruitment announcement.
- Three professional references, at least one of which is a past supervisor.
Send electronic submissions to:
email@example.com with the subject heading Administrative Specialist. Please do not include application materials in the body of your email. Attach separately as PDFs.
Mail hard copy materials to:
Holly Crosson, Executive Director
Benton Soil and Water Conservation District
456 SW Monroe Avenue; Suite 110
Corvallis, Oregon 97333
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Benton Soil and Water Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.