manure management

Conservation Incentive Program – We’ll meet you halfway!

Benton SWCD’s Conservation Incentive Program, funded through local property taxes, is available to help Benton County implement conservation practices on their land. The program’s primary goals are to protect and maintain water and soil quality.

Here are some details:

  • The maximum payment awarded to a successful grant application is $3,000.
  • Benton SWCD will pay 50% of the project cost, up to $3,000.
  • Applicants are required to provide 50% of the project funds, which can be provided as labor costs, materials, cash, or financial assistance from other sources.
  • If the application is requesting technical assistance funds, then the District would pay up to 75% of technical assistance costs and applicant pays 25% of requested funds.
  • An electronic version of the application form is available by clicking on your preferred format: PDF or WORD.

We are ready to help address your conservation concerns! To check if your project fits our criteria, view the application.

All CIP funds have been allocated for the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2017. Contact Donna for information on other opportunities. 541-753-7208

OWEB Small Grant Program

Benton County Landowners …Now is the time to take advantage of the OWEB Small Grant Program for Conservation and Restoration Projects

What types of projects are funded?

  • Riparian protection and vegetation establishment, weed control, and stream bank stabilization
  • Pasture and cropland management to improve infiltration of precipitation
  • Conservation practices that reduce nutrients, sediments and other pollutants from entering water bodies
  • Projects to eliminate/minimize barriers to fish passage
  • Upland and wetland wildlife habitat improvement
  • and other restoration activities defined under urban, rural residential, agricultural and forestry project types…

How to Apply

Contact the Benton SWCD (753-7208) to obtain further information, application forms, and to find out if your project fits the criteria for funding.  Applications may be made at any time and will be evaluated competitively with other projects in the area until all funds are allocated.

Federal Farm Programs

The United States Department of Agriculture oversees a number of voluntary conservation-related programs. Benton SWCD can help you access these programs.

Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)

Administered by the Farm Service Agency (FSA), CREP targets high-priority conservation issues identified by local, state, or tribal governments or non-governmental organizations. In exchange for removing environmentally sensitive land from production and introducing conservation practices, farmers, ranchers, and agricultural land owners are paid an annual rental rate.

Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP)

Administered by Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), EQIP provides voluntary financial and technical assistance for structural and management conservation practices on working agricultural lands.