On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, Benton SWCD held our Annual Meeting for Fiscal Year 2016-2017. We have been focusing on (and will continue to focus on) prairie/meadowscaping outreach. We wanted people to leave the annual meeting with an understanding of why prairies are important habitats and why they are important to conserve/create. We wanted members of the audience to feel comfortable and encouraged to take on meadowscaping projects of their own and to know where to find the supplies/resources/support they might need to make that happen.
More information on meadowscaping and Willamette Valley Prairies
- Annual Meeting Presentation: Great work is being done to support prairies and pollinators by agencies and organizations locally and regionally. View the presentation created by the three panelists from the annual meeting: Rebecca Currin of Institute for Applied Ecology, Al Shay of Oregon State University Horticulture Department, and Bob Hansen of Bob’s Corvallis Backyard Prairie Meadowscaping. Learn how your own efforts can connect with and reinforce larger scale efforts.
- Visit our Annual Native Plant Sale.
- 2018 Meadowscaping Events Attend our prairie outreach events scheduled for Natural Areas Celebration Week (tour of Finley prairie, Bellfountain wet prairie, and Hansen backyard prairie).
- Access the Meadowscaping Handbook produced by West Multnomah SWCD.
- Prairie and Pollinator Blog Posts
- Native Plant Database
- Native Plant Programming (Bee Buddies, Integrated Biological Pest Management, etc.)
- The Meadow Project: Urban and Suburban Meadows video